Average Weight of A Paperback Book / Hardcover Book

I've taken some common books sizes and found their average weights. I did 2 common sizes for Hardcover books and since paperbacks are a little more varied I did 5 sample sizes. I've listed their averages by Dimensions/Pages/Weights.


LxWxH in inches/Avg # of Pages/ Size and Average number of pages in a Hardcover/Softcover book.


HARDCOVER 
8x6x2/ 735pgs- 1lb 15oz avg

8.5x5.5x1.5/460pgs-  1lb 2oz avg






PAPERBACKS
9.5x6x1--/370pgs- 15oz avg


8x5x1.5/760pgs- 1lb 3oz avg


7x4.25x2/1360pgs-1lb 5oz avg

7x4.25x1/590pgs- 9oz avg

6.5x9.5x.05/160pgs- 15oz avg

I'll try to post some average weights of school textbooks, next!







5 comments:

  1. Very useful blog page – thanks.
    Dali_

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually enjoyed reading through this posting.Many thanks.












    Shipping Courses

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting! I had to do some shipping recently when I moved out of my mom's house. I had a great experience and I gave some home direct reviews as a result. I wish I had read this blog beforehand though, I shipped a lot of books, and I wish I had known these numbers! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing, I will bookmark and be back again
    Shipping Courses

    ReplyDelete
  5. I appreciate the information. There is a thrift shop in my area that sells books by weight,and I now I know about how much that works out to be per book. Very helpful.

    ReplyDelete